Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Capture Your Grief, Day 7: Sacred Place

Day 7: Sacred Place 

The cemetery is where I feel closest to Alfy. He is in a beautiful part of the cemetery underneath a huge tree and on a large hill with few others around. I can go there and sit for what feels like hours. When my grief becomes overwhelming I can go to the cemetery and it brings a peace to my whole body, mind and soul.

When we had Alfy's brother, Vinny, the cemetery was the first place we went after leaving the hospital. (It's actually just down the street from where I delivered both boys.) We did a family picture there. Each month, the cemetery is where we would do Vinny's "I'm one month older" pic. 

It's a beautiful place full of lots of love. 


Photo taken from the road after a large branch had fallen near Alfy's grave. 

Tony and I will one day make our final resting places about where that large branch is, right next to Alfy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment