Sunday, October 5, 2014

Capture Your Grief, Day 4: Now

Really not doing a good job keeping up, maybe tomorrow? :)

I had a hard time picking a picture to show today. I finally decided on the one below. It is me with Alfy's little brother, Vinny. It is one in a serious of silly selfies we took one afternoon just for fun. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to be silly again after losing Alfy, but I am. I am a lot of things, silly, happy, sad, worn, content but always in complete. I am a very different person now and I have come to appreciate and be at peace with the new me. It's true what they say, you don't really know the true joys of love until you have felt the greatest depths of sorrow.

This picture also shows me after having chopped a good 8 inches of my hair. For the longest time after having Alfy, I couldn't bare to change me, including cutting my hair. Now, I have donate a ponytail, twice. I know it's probably a weird thing to be attached to, but it was the hair that was with me when Alfy was with me. 

Anyways, here is to who I am now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment