Monday, October 13, 2014

Capture Your Grief, Day 13: Season

Day 13: Season

Alfy was born in the spring, a time when everything is so full life. I find it almost cruel his life was taken, when everything else was being given so much. The day we found out he had died, it had been beautiful. I wore capris and a light sweater that day, which was a bit of an oddity as it usually isn't quite that warm in early April. But I live in a state where you never know what you will get. I don't have a picture from that spring with me right now. But, here is one from this past spring, taken 2 years and 6 days after he was born. In this photo you'll notice the trees are still barren. They weren't like that two years ago, quite the opposite actually. They were full and beautiful. The trees are much like my grief, ever changing and never knowing quite what it will be like.


No comments:

Post a Comment