Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Capture Your Grief, Day 14: Dark/Light

Day 14: Dark/Light

Today I took the picture somewhat literally and took a pic of the dark window of my husband's hospital room against the light window treatment. Not an ideal place to be. We drove here, unexpectedly on Monday evening. The drive was so similar to when we went to the hospital to deliver Alfy after finding out he was gone, it brought back the early dark side. This time, though, I have a bit more light, a bit more hope. My husband and I survived Alfy's death and birth (although at times it felt like we wouldn't). I have a confidence, given to us by Alfy, that we will survive whatever this is too. I'm not saying it won't suck, because it already does, but we have each other and our boys and family who will help us through.


No comments:

Post a Comment