Saturday, February 16, 2013

Walking with You Series - Entry #6

Finding Hope and Healing With or Without a Rainbow

I'm not really sure where to go with this post.  I don't know where my hope stands and I don't know where my healing stands.  Quite frankly, they seem like distant images, some far off dream.  I had hopes at one time, and they were shattered.  I didn't need healing at one time, and now I'm broken beyond repair.  Alfy was our first, so I'm not sure where to go from here.  

I wish I had some word of wisdom or some eye opening realization as I type this, but I don't.

I do want to thank Kelly for starting this path for us to walk down.  I haven't really made many connections since losing Alfy and I feel as if I've lost most.  I don't fit in the before and I'm lost in the after.  But, I am thankful for those who walked this journey with me.  It really took away some of the loneliness.  

5 comments:

  1. It is perfectly okay to not know where you stand... whether it be before, or after the loss of Alfy. You are right where you need to be, until you give yourself permission to take another step... We walk with you...

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to completely agree with Jennifer. I believe she said it best. It is okay to not know where you stand. I have enjoyed walking with you during this series, and I will continue to walk with you. I liked reading your post, so I will continue to be here, and if you need anything, please let me know! Hugs, love, hope, and healing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def agree with what was stated above. It's ok not to know where to go from here. Sometimes you can feel in limbo. Like you said, you don't really fit in the before and you're not really sure what the after is supposed to be. There may come a day when you decide what step you want to take but until then you just gotta do the best that you can each day. It may be a little or it may be a lot. Either is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts...I pray that God heals your heart and brings you peace and comfort...and I hope one day you get a precious rainbow to help ease the ache of having empty arms. Much love and hugs, Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being lost in the after is so...well, for lack of a better word, normal. I hate that word, really. It is ok, not to have the answers. Who does? I agree with Holly...just one day at a time. One step at a time. One breath at a time.

    Thank you for taking this walk with us. And, for allowing us to walk with you. I know it's hard to put words to the most tender, raw places of your heart. I'm grateful that you did.

    Continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete