Thursday, August 30, 2012

No More

Today, a friend and colleague of mine, came in to work about noon.  I could tell she had a bad morning, she looked good but there was just something.  Our friend, and boss, filled me in briefly on what was happening.  My friend, Mandi, her best friend unexpectedly lost her husband last night due to complications from a kidney failure they didn't even know existed until this past weekend.  Mandi's friend has a 2 year old daughter and is 15 weeks pregnant.  I do not know this family but my heart breaks for them and for my friend Mandi.  I don't understand why such bad things happen to good people.  

I think our hallway at work is cursed.  I didn't tell Amy or Mandi that today, but I think it is.  Amy lost her mom, Carrie, in February to cancer.  I lost my son, Alfy, in April for unknown reasons.  Mandi lost her friend early this morning.  They always say bad things, including death, comes in three's, I hope it is done with us for a while.  We have had to deal with more death than most people our age.  Please let it be done for a while.

Tonight I will say a prayer for my friend Mandi, her friend that has suddenly lost so much and the friend she lost today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment