Friday, June 1, 2012

Gotta Start Somewhere

I have been trying to come up with the name for my blog for over a week now so I could get started.  I'm not sure if I was more afraid of choosing the wrong name or of blogging itself.  You see, to start blogging is, for me, to admit that I have suffered a traumatic loss in my life.  I needed the title of my blog to reflect that loss, but also allow hope for the future.  I hope this title does both justice.

The important term in the title is you.  There are so many people that "you" refers to.  The "you" that has driven me to start a blog is my son, Alfonso.  He was born into Heaven on April 6, 2012 at 28 weeks (a story I will tell to the world eventually).  "You" refers to my husband, Tony, who has been by my side through all of this and has been my rock.  "You" refers to my mom who sends me "Thinking of You" cards to let me know just that.  "You" refers to my dad who would do anything to take all of this pain away.  "You" refers to my sister who is planning a wedding in October.  "You" refers to her son, my nephew, who will be five months old on June 16.  "You" refers to my brother who just moved into a new house.  "You" refers to anyone who might take the time to read this blog because if you are reading this, chances are you experienced a traumatic loss as well or know someone who did.  And while I may not know you, I will think of you.


I am writing this blog for all of the "you's" out there but mostly for me.  I have never really enjoyed writing, but that was Before.  Now, After, I find it therapeutic.  It is a much easier way for me to communicate with the world.  I can take the time to process my thoughts and to buffer myself from others' thoughts.  

So here it is world, my first blog post.  Boy, I wish we would have met under different circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment