Sunday, April 6, 2014

2nd Birthday

As I type this, it's been two years, 12 hours and 28 minutes since Alfy was born, 11:05am.  I don't know if I shared that in his story, I'm sure I probably did.  

I should be in bed right now, getting rested up for the full week of work to come.  But I can't.  I don't want to let go of the day.  I didn't want it to come and now I don't want it to leave.  

I miss my son.  I wish he were here, with his brother, learning new words, braving the stairs on the deck over and over again, refusing to eat all of his supper, snuggling at night as we read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" before bed.  Today we would have had cake and ice cream, or maybe cupcakes instead of cake, or better yet maybe just brownies as cake.  

Instead, we had a picnic at the cemetery.  We took Alfy balloons and flowers and had lunch and took pictures.  When I get around to downloading them, maybe I'll share them here.  



Alfy, Happy 2nd Birthday in Heaven.  I miss you and love you.   Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment